Creating an interactive genogram
Understanding a person’s problem by analyzing the family system
EXAMPLE of a new type of interactive genogram made with LinkNotions
interactive, multilingual, with content in people and links. Try it by clicking, right-clicking or double-clicking people or links!
CREATE an interactive genogram with LinkNotions
First create your LinkNotions account : click any of the buttons at the right.
Then you have two options:
- Start from scratch. Here’s how.
- Use the free template provided by LinkNotions. Open the template and simply click the green button on the top right of the diagram. A window opens. Click “Create”. A copy will be created into your account. It is opened in edit mode. You now can edit this copy.
- You will be able to adapt the genogram by introducing the persons of the family concerned while taking advantage of the structure provided.
What are the advantages of using the proposed template?
The model already includes:
- 4 generations of people; simply add the names, delete unnecessary people and add missing people.
- More than 40 types of relationships (is father, mother, child, …) that you can put between these people (click link types in the tool bar); up to you to add other types of relationships if you need them.
- A structure for the various tabs of the content of people and relationships.
- Some subject groups, allowing you to highlight the characteristics of people.
The peculiarities of the LinkNotions genogram
- It is easy to use
- It allows to give content to both notions (people) and links (relationships) between them. This means that each person and each relationship between people may contain information concerning them in form of texts, documents, tables, photos, etc.
- It allows to introduce as many types of relationships you want (45 in the LinkNotions genogram model)
- Everyone can read it thanks to the tooltips
- It is easily printable
- It is multilingual
- It is very flexible: you can always add or remove people or relationships.
Whatever the changes, it is always remains clean and tidy
- It can be sent by email. The receiver can read it without a special software because LinkNotions works with the browser
- It is interactive.
Aim of the genogram:
A genogram, also called genosociogram, is a family sociogram used in systemic family therapy.
In fact, it is a family tree of at least 3 generations and contains, in addition to family relationships, psychological information about people and relationships in a given family: family mythology elements, types of behavior, dependencies, vulnerabilities, history of the people concerned, types of affection or hostility, etc.
The genogram can analyze the history of a family and identify the origin of psychological disorders by revealing the types of family interdependence. Thus you can easily understand the family system. That is why the genogram is increasingly being used as part of family interview and therapy.
CREATE your own interactive diagrams from scratch
All you need is a LinkNotions account. Enter your account and click “Create workspace.”
Here’s how to create and edit a new diagram.
Here are the different diagrams (as examples) created by LinkNotions.