The new type of interactive family tree
Advantages: Easy to create, to read (no need for software), to share; multilingual; interactive; printable
Definition: A family tree is a diagram that displays the different generations of people belonging to a family. It contains additional information such as dates of birth and death, education, jobs, diseases, etc.
Examples of family trees created with LinkNotions
Here are various templates of Family Trees ascending cognatic (by fathers and mothers):
- Family tree with ME at the center
- Family tree with ME at the center with 1 brother and 1 sister and married
- Family tree with ME at the center with aunts, uncles, cousins
- Family tree with ME at the center with half brother/sister
- Family tree (extended) with ME at the center
(Click on one of the texts above to access the corresponding template)
The templates are useful:
- To discover how people are called in relation to Me, in several languages: French, English, German and Luxembourg.
- To serve as a template for creating your family tree (see below).
In the extended family tree you will also find an explanation of the terms of kinship. Examples:
- My first cousin = The daughter of my father’s (or mother’s) sister (or brother)
- My maternal grandfather = My mother’s father
- My father-in-law = My spouse’s father
Here is a page that explains the vocabulary of family relationships.
CREATE your family tree with LinkNotions
First create your LinkNotions account : click any of the buttons at the right.
Then you have two options:
- Start from scratch. Here’s how.
- Use one of the free templates above provided by LinkNotions. Open a template and simply click the green button on the top right of the diagram. A window opens. Click “Create”. A copy will be created into your account. It is opened in edit mode. You now can edit this copy.
- You will be able to adapt the family tree by introducing the people of your family while taking advantage of the structure provided.
Add information (photos, date of birth, …) to each person and to each relationship between people. Try ! It’s easy.
Send your tree by mail to your family members. Everyone can contribute to completing it.
Below you can find the tabs currently available for each person in the diagram.
The family tree of LinkNotions is very flexible :
In edit mode:
- You can add, delete and modify tabs.
- You can also add, delete and modify the fields in each tab.